Sunday 3 December 2023

Sunday morning late start today

Dinner was chicken and salads from Fry's and a glass of wine last night, and a Movie 🎦 


Sundays always special, usually a family day, call family and friends at home or where they are. Have a nice dinner with friends or just Polly and I & watch a good movie. Oh and empty the sewage from the trailers tank, my weekly job that has to be done.

Has been a good week for me in poker, not a loosing day, and some I made a few $$, but the best part is the laughing we have been doing. The whole room is just so alive with fun, all here to enjoy ourselves, and dam we sure are. Polly on the other hand, not so lucky, she's been funneling her πŸ’ΈπŸ’°πŸ’²πŸ€‘✈️ away.

Cards, not getting cards Polly keeps saying, I understand, I've been there too. Advice I have, but her play and mine is different, I say have to play the table if no cards, or play the small cards if no big ones come. πŸ‘ Hopefully she does better this week. No matter, we will both laugh alot, and that's what we love about the games. 

Polly is planning a dinner here with friends Wednesday, be fun to have a bunch of Port Alberni friends all gather for dinner, the conversation will be so fun. Maybe a game of crib after, see how it goes. Polly loves to entertain, and dinner a special time with friends will be fun. 

Polly just making her shake thing as I peck here on the phone, pineapple 🍍, ginger, almond milk, beet powder, banana 🍌, nutmeg, cinnamon so much stuff. She's been doing this a few months now, I tried it, but way to much yuk for me. I'm a coffee ☕x2 then cereal guy, with banana.

I'm slow this morning, just taking it easy. Had a chat with Chris, a friend in Port earlier, weather is coming at them,"atmospheric river" the weather chanel calls it now, we remember it as November rains lol. I don't miss this time in town, I remember the year after we retired we were staying at the golf course rv park in November, waiting till after Christmas to go south. It rained the whole month, so late in the month I booked a week in Cabo San Lucas, and off we flew. Best decision, was warm, and pool was great, just perfect time to getaway.

Since then we have only stayed home at Christmas 2 times, during covid, but likely stay south during Christmas as many times as we can from now on, just not a fan of the rains, or snow, we did that for a long time now don't have to so will stay south each year if possible.

Polly has "Castaway" on now as I write, some beautiful looking areas on this show, but alone on an island in the middle of nowhere, not for me either. I could do OK there, but away from everyone would be terrible.


Well breakfast growl, growl calls, I'm going for a walk first, then breakfast. Pool later I'm thinking, and oh yeah, sewer πŸ˜‚ 

Love our life so much πŸ€—❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment