Sunday 31 December 2023

2023 is now in the books, internet & TV.

A photo of the 4 of us after Chris's name's added to our trailer.

Was a glorious year 2023, our lives changed drastically, from what we knew or thought we knew, to a realization of acceptance of what is. Life is not fair!
People don't play by the rules. Or better yet, the rules are only for some, others just do what they want. 

We have traveled so much this last year as I look back, flew to Africa from Miami, and back, met so many new friends there, African & Canadian. Explored Florida, met some more wonderful people there as we stayed at Crooked Hook RV park.

Traveled on a route from there to Memphis, through Alabama with a stop in Montgomery, we learned much there. Then a drive through Mississippi into Memphis, Tennessee. This we had on our radar for a very long time, was a real learning being there, and seeing what the city is really like.

 Then we wiggled our way down through Mississippi to Shreveport, Louisiana to meet up with friends we met there a few years ago. We didn't learn enough there, I believe we have to go back again.  

Then we made our way to Port Arthur, Texas for a vist there with a friend that was soon to move back to Canada. 

I'm starting to see a theme here, we're always stopping where we know someone. That's life isn't it, a destination is only place, until you have a friend there, then it really is something, then you have connection to the place. 


Groves Texas will always be a great memory as when we stopped our first time for a visit with a friend I'd known from so many years before, we were treated so good. Polly always says we were treated like royalty. 

Groves, and Port Arthur will always be special,  not because of the place, but because of the people we met, and how we got to know the place through them. 

To really get to know a place, I believe it's important to have people that have lived there show you around. Then you get a feeling of the essence of the place. 

From Groves/Port Arthur we traveled towards Fortworth Texas, another place we had on our radar for awhile. Again we learned alot here, about the stockyards, and how it came to be unused once the railroad became the trading place for shipping cattle. We met people there camping, that gave up a little insight to the area as they had lived there most all their lives. We are connected on FB as most all of our friends are. I realized this morning after looking at their family photos over Christmas how we are all staying connected.  FB is our way of staying connected with ya'll, (that's another thing we've learned, how to say ya'll) 🤠 and ya'll don't have to be a cowboy to use it. 

From Fortworth we traveled towards Roswell, New Mexico for a look at the Aliens 👽,  we didn't see any, but had a real good look around, and found out that the government scooped up what landed there, and took it to area 51, not to be seen of talked about for years. We learned that somethings are just to darn interesting for the rest of the world to know or see. 

From Roswell we traveled to Tuscon Arizona, and had a vist with a friend we had met while in Goshen, Indiana a few years ago, a friend that had lost his wife a year back then. Was nice to stop in, have a vist, and get to know Larry just a little better. You see, just knowing someone on FB and following them, that doesn't really get you to know them well. In person is where we really get to know people. 

We have an invite to come spend time at Larry's place when we can, he's going to have an RV site available in his yard. I'm looking forward to that one day.  😀 

From Tuscon we traveled towards Yuma, to vist with friends there, and stay a month. April now,  and it was beginning to get really warm now.  Our friends were mostly leaving now,  so met new friends here, and stayed the month anway too much heat for us though. We talked about the next year's plans we had made, and changed our plan to come back here and stay a full winter on one place for a change, then we headed north after the month.  

Home was on our radar now, been gone long enough now. Spent the spring and part of the summer in Port Alberni, reconnecting with friends and family there, had our daughter in law come spend 10 days close to us, and gave our little Colton many hugs as we visited back and forth closely. We had all our grand children and children come vist at one time or another, was a really good homecoming. We stayed till end of June,  then we traveled to the east coast of Vancouver Island for a little ocean views, and camping kinda. Visits with many on the other side of the island was nice. 

Next towards Grande Prarie, Alberta for some visits with Ciara, Chase & Colton,  along with building a few things while we stayed with friends there that I went to school with, the we reconnected with, thanks to FB. I'm seeing 👀 a theme here, FB,  is what helps bring people together ❤️,  and helps keep them connected. 

We spent almost 2 months there at Jack & Wendy's in the late summer early fall, until weather turned cold, then we started back towards Yuma again.  

What a year we've had, looking back now.  Was nice to have some travel this last week to LA and San Diego, and why, friends. We traveled to vist with friends, friends we keep in contact with using FB & Messenger.  

So after pecking this all down now,  I realize how thankful I am for FB, as this is what helps keep our connection intact,  along with the effort of reading and watching what's happening in other's lives. I'm very greatfull this year for being able to track our trips, and show our sights we've seen, our visits with friends & family as we travel, as well as seeing what others are up to. What a gift 🎁 

I know many complain of the ads, and the control, the invasion of privacy, the way our phones track us, listen to us, place ads that we've talked about. Yes there are things that we just don't like about the whole process we are using now, but my take has always been, if "they" wanna listen to me, watch me, trac me, "Fill your boots" I say. I'm using the service for free, enjoying all the benefits of this really good connector. I'll scroll by, I'll put up with some inconvenient BS,  along with the bad, there is so much good that comes from this FB connection, that I'll overlook the other things. 

So this last year, the post's we've made will come up in the future to remind us of our past experiences. I say that's way better than photo albums we used to use for memories, they were good, but ya had to pull em outta the storage place to take a look. I have a few of these albums,  I might even know where they are, but I don't pull them out, not nearly enough. FB really fills this void, by sending reminders every day almost, about a time in our past. I love this. ❤️  

Looking forward to 2024 now 😀 I'm sure more post's of the past will come up, and our travels will continue,  I'll post even if "they" trac us. Life going forward, as I believe it should, will have just a little more! More fun, more intrest, more beauty, more friends, oh yes, and more baking 🤣 😋 

I peck here while Polly starts making muffins 😋.  Lucky me hey!

Early morning again, I'm not sure we'll make it to midnight this year,  I don't remember what if anything we did last year on New Year's Eve, was a tough beginning of the year. 

This year a dance, will be fun I'm sure, will be with friends, friends from our home town, friends we didn't really get to know until they retired and decided come here, and try out what we've been doing. Friends we are now connected to on FB. 

I laugh.  And it goes on, one friend at a time we move through our lives, developing new friendships as we go. Yesterday we talked with a couple here, and they invited us to play a game of bochi with them, we agreed on a time, met them there, and had a fun time learning a new sport. Polly played at one end of a felt alley, kina like a bolling lane   and partnered with Dennis at my end of the lane, I was partner with Terry. I was sunny and very warm, we had a good time getting to know each other,  I'm sure we'll get to know them a little more as time goes on. 😀 

If we left it there, just knew each other here, and didn't get connected somehow,  that would be it, no continuing. FB if we connect, will keep us connected, otherwise we just meet and part. That's OK too, but sometimes we really wanna stay connected.  So we do, with FB. 


Now I've got to have a muffin,  just because.  lucky me 😊 

Our propane ran out this morning,  so had to put the BBQ tank on, I knew I shoulda filled it yesterday, but I didn't, so today we adapted. Always have a plan "B" I say, always! 

Love ❤️ our life we do. 🤗













No comments:

Post a Comment