Tuesday 26 December 2023

That's a wrap! Christmas day's done ✔️


  The sky was beautiful as we left dinner 


We had a very relaxed Christmas Day. Wished each other Merry Christmas,  then Coffee ☕️ and reading fb as many started the unwrapping before we got up, posts came faster as the morning went. Polly got busy with decorating the cake she made the day before, it turned out beautiful.


We had texts and calls from family and friends, read posts from many as the day went on. I took a walkabout here, had a vist with a few people here that were out and about.  

I fulfilled my wish on Christmas day,  a swim and hot tub on sunny warm Christmas day 😎, what more could I ask for. 


We had dinner with Dwane & Elaine Lingel at the resort next to us, along with 2 other couples, one couple from Saskatchewan,  and one from. Manitoba. We went early,  happy hour is traditional here in Yuma. Met everyone, and laughed and joked till dinner was ready. Dinner was great, turkey, ham, brussel sprouts, cranberries,  potatoes, gravey,  all was great. Then desert too, mmm😋  was a really nice way to spend our Christmas. 

Today we wake to the day after Christmas, Boxing day. This used to be so full of hype to shop, door crashing sales, and people would run out, line up for these pushed and advertised fantastic sales. I laugh now thinking of this making news, the lineups, pushing, shoving, and really greedy behavior right after the gift giving of Christmas. I'm happy to say I've never taken part in this. 

Today I'll fill the propane bottle if the filling stations open, make a call and cancel an appointment a Dr made for me in January,  I won't be home till April 🙂 
I'll go to the woodshop and let Tim know I won't be there Friday, as we will be in San Diego for a few days.  

I'll take a walk again, see some new people out and about, have a talk, another visit with someone as we walk, and talk. 

Then all going well Polly & I will go play poker and see all the familiar faces again. See how everyone's Christmas was as we play the game, and laugh some more. A jovial group we are as we all play poker.  

Soon we will celebrate the New Year, the stores already have Valentines stuff out for sale, before Christmas was here they had it on the shelves, they just can't wait! 
Polly and I didn't participate in the traditional card buying this year at Christmas. It did feel a little different, we did stop by the card rack on one of our shopping trips in LA, took a look at a few. I said this is the one I give you, Polly said this is the one I give you, then we left them on the rack. Was all in fun, but we just did it differently this year. 

The whole Christmas was different this year, as was last year. Our traditional Christmas changed once Memere, Polly's mom passed. The memories of our past get togetherness with family has changed. We spend winters south, and our family's are all north. Some of them get together, but in smaller groups. It feels a little sad, but it's this way with many people as life moves forward, it changes. 

Penny my daughter asked if this summer we could have a celebration,  like Christmas 🎄,  as then more of us could be together that once a year. I said yes, why not, that would be great. So summer will be different this year, as Christmas was. 

Change is the one thing we can count on, even if we really like it the way it is, changes happen. Like it or not! 

Coffee ☕️ is cold now,  I'll go get another cup, turn off the pot so Polly will have good tasting coffee.  I'll read a little more,  then the walk, just a little earlier today,  just as the sun's coming up I'm thinking.  

And on we go.

Love our live I do ❤️🤗









No comments:

Post a Comment