Sunday 17 December 2023

Sunday morning early up thoughts.

Waking early is normal. Sunday is quiet, quieter than most days. Coffee ☕️ is good, fb has a few good snickers, and a couple good posts. Now to write, just because I have time this morning,  just because.  

We had a good day yesterday,  Polly was busy change the sheets, couple loads of laundry,  getting her ingredients together for some cinnamon buns on the road. I on the other had was not so up yesterday,  I went for a walk here, met a woman from Chilliwack with a dog that has a disease in her hips, was having a very hard time walking, until she got close to the trailer, then a short sprint to a treat. 

Polly made me breakfast too, bacon and eggs. Yep Polly was busy yesterday. We went shopping in the afternoon for a few decorations, and a roast,
    Yuma Market,  good meat selection here.
   Butcher gave good advise to grill the roast

then we went home for the afternoon. Polly kept busy all day,  me I just had a nap, bacon and eggs kicked in, no jump in me. I watched a bit of YouTube,  I remember our grandchildren saying "I'll watch a bit of YouTube" never understanding,  I get it now. My go to channel, so many different things to watch there. 

We had a quiet day, lazy for me, busy for Polly. We talked with our friend Linda in the afternoon, our friend we are going to vist today, she and Mike had shopped, and were ready, coulda, shoulda, left today, but was good to have the day to get ready, all of us. We could have left today, but Linda & Mike just got in last night, so give em a bita time first. 

Once I was all awake I put the decorations together,  was a test I'm thinking,  blowing up so many balloons 🎈 🎈🎈🎈🤣 and getting them all in order, was OK once I got my thinking cap on. 

Then all at once Polly was ready, and the night had come we left to do some decorating. Polly and I work well together, even in decorating,  we know what each other wants as we work. I'm usually the director,  with suggestions from Polly, and if she's not happy with the look, she let's me know.  All was good when we finished.  Looking great 👍 

Now let's go for dinner,  off to Applebee's,  as we had a gift certificate we bought a month or more ago, so Polly said tonight is the night, she didn't want to have dishes after, even though she had created some making the desert 🍰 😂, so we go out. 

I kept off the phone at the restaurant, after a check. Saturday nite, was really busy there, our meal took awhile,  and like two oldsters,  we both ordered water to drink. Kinda funny how we have transitioned to older ways, yet we still don't really see ourselves as old. Polly was so into her mode yesterday,  as I watched, she had a list written, and in her mind of all that she wanted to accomplish before we left, her bag is packed, and I still even now as I write,  have not packed a thing. 🙄 silly me hey.

Dinner was great, once it came, we had time to talk before, was nice. Polly had a huge salad kinda thing, with chicken,  I had pork riblets & chicken breast, with mashed 🥔 and broccoli 🥦. We both enjoyed our meal. Polly was right, was a good idea to go out tonight.  

Fuel top up before we went home, make sure we're full, Fuel in California is a premium price.

5:38 now, I hear the coffee pot heating then off, heating, then off, other than that quiet, Polly breathing a deep breath every once in awhile,  but really quiet. A car goes by, the clock ticks, but really quiet Sunday morning.  

Sipping my coffee ☕️  and listening as I peck away here, that's a pleasure for me, a deep breath in kinda pleasure. I'll shave, shower, pack a few clothes, then soon we'll be out the door. That's just how fast it will happen once Polly's up, she's ready. 

We are both looking forward to travel, funny how we are kinda hooked on it, looking forward to the trip, a different way to LA,  we are going towards San Diego, then up the coast, I-5 is really the best way I'm thinking.  No huge plan for our time with Mike and Linda, just to be together is enough.  Dinner is planned for one night sure, tonight is Linda's plan. Tuesday going to vist with others in LA we wanted to see, Patty, Sarah & Matthew. Been awhile since we've seen these friends 🤗

We booked a couple nights in San Diego after Christmas last night too, as Mike & Linda are there for a football game with their family,  will be our chance to see all of them. We'll get a chance to see down town San Diego too, always wanted to check it out.

Christmas 🎄 will happen fast now,  like every year, hurry hurry,  then done! 

Cars going by a little more now, a truck with its Jake brake in the background, Sunday is just starting to come to life here. Coffee ☕️ #2 now, I'm getting used to the new keyboard on this Samsung phone finally.  Change isn't easy for me, I get used to something, then have to adapt to something else, just not happy completely yet. 😒 

Content,  that's how I'd describe my this morning, I'm content in this moment in time.

Lol I snicker now, Polly's asking from our dark bedroom,  "What time is it Brent?" "6:24" I say 😁 and just like that the day begins.

Happy with our life, very happy 😊

Love our life! 🤗❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment