Friday 26 May 2023

4:54am up and on my 2nd coffee ☕☕

Today I'll be creating another drawer for our shoes under our stairs inside our trailer. I was feeling depleted yesterday afternoon when I measured the boxes I had just finished glueing and nailing together were not the correct size. "Measure twice, cut once" is the saying, I did measure many times, even extra making sure! 

Looking back now I realized I had mixed the boards up after, the width and length of each got interchanged, so I ended up with one that has all the width boards, and length boards on the other. LoL, back to the measuring board! ðŸĪŠðŸ˜†

I feel better about it today, understanding what happened. I have this tendency of hurrying in a project, this causes me problems. I'm going to slow myself down a little this next time. 

On another note we had our trailer in for repairs last week at Arbutus RV, was a very good experience. All was looked after, not all warranty repair, but some was. The part I like the best is when some of it wasn't done correctly, and we were to take our trailer to Arrowvale last Wednesday, knowing it needed more work, the tec as they are called said he would come out to Arrowvale and do what was needed there. 

Jim turned up the next day, and spent half a day working on our trailer, getting the slide to work properly, and the fridge fans installed and working properly. That's a bonus for us as in living in our trailer full time, taking it for repairs is always under time constraints. So we went to the shop the other day to ask about 1 other small thing, a small part that stops the slide awning from possibly unrolling when we travel. Mike the service manager wasn't there at the time, and just happened to see Jim outside, he listened to what I had to say, then I said I'd go talk with the service managers Manager LoL. I did this, and got a count on how many employees they have there. 

I didn't think about the conversation with Jim again till yesterday he and his partner showed up, on their way out to another job, they stopped in, with the parts, and installed them for us on the slide topper. I was kinda astonished, that he took the time for a small request, and came out. I had heard from other's their woes about Arbutus, but as far as I'm concerned they are gold to us. Helping in this way, getting all the ducks in a row to be able to get our repairs all done, correct, and if something extra was needed to come out to us was great. 

Today Polly is going to give them some well earned cupcakes 🧁🧁🧁🧁 in appreciation. We have a great respect for helpers in our journey, and the people there did what it took to make our lives just a little easier. Thanks to Mike Ross, who went above & beyond and his whole Crew at Arbutus. 

On another note, yesterday we were leaving Arrowvale for lunch with friends & a woman arrived in her car, and was outside talking on her phone when we were getting in our truck, I said hi as she got off her phone. I was kinda taken back as she asked "Are you from Port Alberni?" Yes I replied right away, and her next words were, "I have Never been to a more unfriendly town!" 

Well now that is not the Port Alberni I know and Love, so I asked where do you live in town? She told me, and all I could say was, Hi I'm Brent, This is my wife Paulette, here's two friendly people that are from Port that you know now, stop by here, we will be here till the end of July. I said we'd talk longer, but have lunch with friends. She said that was ok, she had been here many times before, and was here to seek some peace, as whatever was the problem, she needed some of what she found here before. 

We left, had a great time with our friends, at lunch, they came back to our place here at Arrowvale after, we talked, Polly with Pat, I with Darcy, we had a walkabout here, was a really nice visit. They are both originally from Port Alberni too, but are staying up island right now.  

I woke this morning thinking about what this woman said, I had many questions, but couldn't ask as was going to be late, but hopefully she stops in again, and we can share some good stuff with her about Port Alberni ðŸĪ—

Love this life, Love Port Alberni ðŸĪ—❤️


1 comment:

  1. Her comment reminds me of something I saw on Facebook recently. It was a sign outside of a coffee shop inviting people to come in for the "worst cup of coffee I have ever had" said one person on Tripadvisor.

    ReplyDelete