Monday 22 May 2023

Drive around the old neighborhood

Polly & I went into town today to get some flowers and dirt for the new flower boxes I made for her, was a good day for it, not too hot with so many flowers to choose from, Polly knew just what she wanted. Colyns she said, that's where we're going, ok! We made quick work of buying, and loading up the truck. 

On our way home I took the slow way, through the donkey trail towards our old stomping grounds, Golden St. We slowly went through, and looked at all the places we remembered, so much history here. Both kids lived here all their young lives, with so many people we remembered. We stopped and talked to Keith for awhile, was really nice to see him. 

Things had changed, the old fireman his home was gone now just as he is, the trees were all cut down, somebody is going to develop the property we are sure, even if in the flood plain. Many places have the same look, and many are way different. Was an interesting walk back in time for me, just so many memories from almost 50 years ago. I moved there in 1977.

Was nice to take the drive, Polly had memories, and I did too, happy to have them, the house I first bought on golden, looked great 👍 Harold and Pris did a great job. The next home was on Nelson, so many memories there, lost of fun. Then the house we built, and all the fun we had there too. 

Past is nice to look into once in awhile, but looking forward is great 👍 always something new. Even the drive today was new, as was different than I remember. 

We had a good day, like a Sunday on Monday. The campground emptied out after the long weekend, and got much quieter. I worked on a chair I didn't want to work on, tore it apart, going to get parts in a couple days, all going well. A pull cord for the recliner. 

Tore the stairs out yesterday inside the trailer, getting good at taking things apart I say to Polly, she LoL. 😄

I had less energy today, I thought was a good nap afternoon, but instead we sat outside and drank a zero beer, and talked. Looking at the flowers Polly and I planted, as well as the kids that were left after most of the campers left, they had lots of room to play now. So the little electric jeep came out, and around the camp they went. Was nice to watch them, with no responseablity for them I said to Polly, just watch and laugh with them. A very nice afternoon. 

That's just what we wanted today, a quiet calm day. Except for the chair 😜ðŸĪŠ

Polly made me laugh,just planted and she said, she could hardly wait for the rose to Bloom, wanted to see what it would look like LoL 😆

Love this Life ðŸĪ—❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment