Wednesday 10 May 2023

Much to do on our return to the Island is good.

      Rathtrevor with Dan & Joy was nice 

A day of rest was needed yesterday anyway, Polly and I both doing lots as we prepare for our time here. Dentist appointment, a visit with Joy & Danny was just right, lunch Joy said, and that was great, along with good catching up, and a nice walk on the beach made our day. 
Also took a drive to Qualicum native campground, still closed, but we went to the office and made a reservation for August, so spend a couple weeks there before we head off the island. 

Getting all I have for the shop setup is much harder than I expected, I just don't move the same anymore. Body is starting to loose momentum as we travel, and don't work as much. I have to be more careful not to loose my ability to do stuff I like to do. Like many, bending down now is really a big thing, knees just not the same as I remember. I hate to complain, but is a pain not being able to do as I did. 


Accepting our limitations as we age is really good, if you can, I'm not so good at this, so I push too hard to gitter done, and that's a problem when the pains start. I'm thinking this is just another test in older age. Some older people say I'm just a youngin yet, but I sure don't feel like it 😳

Today is finishing the last of getting the tent up and then get the wood into it, and tool's unpacked and setup. Then the fun begins πŸ˜€
Sounds easy as I peck on the phone, and after a couple coffees and a bit of cereal I'll get out there and giver today again, until I get the message that I gotta stop LoL, that happens sooner as I continue. Oh well no use complaining, got to do what it takes to get what you want in this life. 

We have guests tonight coming for a visit, Polly's first thought is food, baking I hear, cupcakes 🀣🀣 why would that surprise me. Someone once said "that's how Polly spreads her love, Baking" I agree, oh, and I do like it too 😊 

Our trailer goes in to Arbutus Sunday morning, they will start on some repairs Monday, we will stay with Shayla for a couple days, is different when you live full-time in a trailer getting work done, not like they can have it as long as they want. All parts ordered ahead, so no hold-ups I hope. The service manager Mike understands we live in the trailer, so will be quick. 

Also made reservations for Yuma next winter, be a different winter, stay in one place for a little longer this time, take a bit of a break from traveling. Sundance is a good park, will stay till April likely. There is a woodworking shop close 😁 & I'm sure the card games will be fun. Nice have a plan further ahead. 

Now for a little walkabout, early morning is best! πŸ€—♥️




No comments:

Post a Comment