Wednesday 28 June 2023

Anticipation πŸ˜€


Today Ciara leaves Grande prairie, Alberta on her way to Vancouver island, Port Alberni, she will arrive here at Arrowvale on July 1st all going well, we have been anticipating this for many moons now. Her visit here at Arrowvale will go quickly I'm sure, so much time it seems like now, yet I know from past times 10 days does go quickly. 

Chase will have lots to do while he's here I'm sure, and Colton same, just much different age's. The skateboard πŸ›Ή park here might hold Chase's attention, but I'm hoping to get him out for a few swims, and a few hikes around here. Colton will be fun with all the young goats, and little pigs to look at. Horse's, cattle, so much to see that's different than their home. 

I had a really good slow walk yesterday, along the trail down the edges of the river, so quiet, so busy with action, birds flying, fish jumping, and always the sound of so much water streaming by. I stopped at one part of the trail, just watched the water directly below me, it's shallow here, so water makes more noise, and the sound as the water ran over the stones was the loudest. 

The views along this trail are so beautiful, the Beaufort's in the distance, and the fields and trees on the other side of the river, and all that was going on as I walked, on the field beside me, and across the water, like my own private movie I walked by, happening every step. Sights, sounds, smells, you can't get this Infront of a TV. 

           The fisherman never saw me

Isn't it amazing, just a few steps away from the most beautiful places on earth, I feel so fortunate, I can in moments be here, just watching and enjoying the beauty, with very little effort, just walk out the door, and, well just as soon as I open the door I'm here! Hmm
Dam I'm loving this place, so close to the many memories that are so good, past and present. 


We had company yesterday, Wendy & Frank friends that have moved from Arrowvale to another place for the summer, was a nice visit, been since the beginning of June since we had talked. Was nice to hear they were doing good, nice to have an unexpected visit πŸ˜πŸ€—

 Somewhere in the visit we got the cinnamon bun message, Wendy loves Polly's cinnamon buns, so does Frank, they had been having a hankering for some, so went to a local store where they had been told the cinnamon buns were Soo Good, bought some and were very disappointed, not like Polly's at all! 

Also we now know that it's Wendy's Birthday soon, πŸ˜ƒ I'm thinking there might be some cinnamon buns coming in the near future πŸ˜‰


Wendy and Kim stopped by, was a really nice visit, so much like past days in school as we talked of friends past, and times we remember. I have a very good long memory, with so many great memories to think of, lucky me hey. Wendy we have past memories, and much more recent, as we stay with her and Jack when we go to Grande Prairie, so many more good recent memories with them. 

Kim I had not seen to talk with like this for many years, was really nice to see her again. Polly knew her from years past, and I didn't know this, maybe I did and I forgot? I'm not sure now, but was a nice time all getting to say Hi, and catch up a little. History, now is not like what we were told to study in school, it's about the times we spent together, and the things we did, and how it felt, how we were together. Yesterday was a very nice day for me, even though Wendy said she would be over, I had momentarily forgot, (short term memory not so good) and was glueing something when they arrived, kinda stunned. LoL

We hugged, got comfortable, then talked, and talked, just was the best! So much to talk about, not feeling the lull in conversation, just from one thought to another, and laugh, lots of laughs. Was a really nice time together. I showed off my latest work, benches, coasters, and a whale πŸ‹ I just made for my sister in law, all just enjoying the act of working with wood. 

After Wendy & Kim left Polly had shopping on the brain, so off we went, I went in with her this time, I wanted some of the sparkling water we had found before, Pineapple, is very good. So as Polly got what she wanted, I got what pleased me. As we left the store I saw a woman we both knew for years, she's about the same age as me, we talked a little, she was on the till, working. I had a thought πŸ€”

When we were leaving the parking lot I said to Polly, "I wonder how it would feel working and seeing all your friends from past retired and loving life as you continue working?" Polly always the optimist says, "you never know, her husband's still working, maybe she'll retire when he does. Who knows?"

I just had a thought! Hmm, I have many of those LoL πŸ˜†

Today a hike to the lookout, should be a good workout, with friends πŸ€—❤️

Such a good life we live❤️, love this lifeπŸ€—





No comments:

Post a Comment