Sunday 25 June 2023

Sunday's always special 🤗 Saturday too!

Was a great turnout at Donovan's Ball field yesterday, sure was fun. Polly and I didn't play, we cheered, and yaked with Ted & Cindy and others, was just a great day. A drink, a 🌭 hotdog, & cheering, just like the big league's, except family fun, no $$$ for admission, all in the most beautiful shaded setting. 

This is our 2nd game we have attended, and look forward to many more going forward. Polly brought cupcakes again,

           Cupcakes are sticky but good!

all were ate with much enjoyment, one young girl asked Polly "How do you make them so delicious?" Made Polly's day! Hug's with Ted Legare first, then Cindy, and Ginny, after the game, another round of hug's as we were about to leave. The hug from Steve, was as I know now, something we've developed since our loss of Chris. 💔 

We talked some about Chris, was all good stuff, all the times we remembered, was good. Since Chris's passing we have strengthened out relationship with his close friends, been a real good feeling, getting to know Chris after even better than when he was here. I relish the conversations, so much to learn and so much love with him as the center of it. ❤️

Thanks Steve and Ginny for the hotdogs, and drinks and putting on such a fun game 👍

 Adults making decisions about what's next 😁

The ball game is so fun to watch, rule's are there, but often loose, and forgiving, families enjoying each other, not banging head's, makes for so much fun. Always kids against the adults, always fun. I know my knees, so I don't play, I just like to watch, Polly too, we know our limitations. 

Today I went on a hike with Chris Lowe and Cheryl Howitt on the log train trail, around the Bever ponds. I've read much about people wanting to block development of this area, due to the trails that are used all around here, so good chance for me to see what people are talking about up close. 

  Beverpond with third growth planted behind 

The pond I saw was nice, nothing stellar about it, just a nice pond with nice trees around it. There has been logging close to it, actually if you really look, it has all been logged here many years ago, all tree's are second growth, some are third growth. As for the development that's being talked about, I need more information about what's being proposed to understand how this development would affect the ponds and trails. 

Private Land is something we all need to think about, and at a time where we have been locked into our town due to a forest fire making our highway unpassable, or at least closed down, and the closest road out to the island highway through private land, we really need to be thinking about private land, and what it means. 


Just because a trail goes through it, that doesn't mean that the land owner has to keep it intact. If they do keep the trails intact, that's a gift, not an obligation. That's my opinion, many people would disagree, but the law around private land is it's yours, and development takes permits, and if the land owner wants to do nothing they can, they can also say no access, but if they want to develop, and apply to the city with a plan, then the city has rules about how they can develop. 

I'm interested in this, but likely the development they have been toting will be much different than what actually goes ahead, and I'm sure many will not be happy with any development. 
      Bike ramps in bike trails here

I remember saying to my Mom years ago when the building was being torn down across the street that I didn't like it, changing. Mom said "You can't stand in the way of change." I do think plans can be altered, but on private land I believe development is up to the landowner, not the public. My two bits 😏

The hike was good, plans to go up to the lookout next, I'm looking forward to this! I wonder if it's private land? 😉

Loving life here in Port Alberni 🤗❤️ and all the different trails to hike. 


No comments:

Post a Comment