Monday 19 June 2023

I have a long memory

  I'm making a privacy screen for my daughter

I thought of this passing the post box today on my walk, thought it was Arlene but no, she's retired now the lady said, good for her. I talked with the lady a bit, she had the back door to the minivan opened, and lots of mail to deliver, as she worked I said was nice to hear the music, Creedence was playing "Have you ever seen the rain" was nice to hear. 

As I walked away I remember when I would go with Don Lloyd and his Mom Timmy, on the mail route out Sproat lake when we were young teenager's, better than going to school! 
Funny what triggers a memory. 

Was a tough weekend for many, Chris being gone has affected so many people, most can move about their lives not too bad, but some are very much affected by this, and it stops them in their tracks knowing he was a new dad, and father's Day was a trigger. 

I did alright, made it through, but had my times dealing with thoughts of him, and loss. I'm very happy he got to be a father, and got the times he did with a family, I knew he would be a great father, husband, and provider. Moving forward, life has changed for his family, his friends, and his workmates. There is a hole where he once stood, and we all have to figure a way to fill it, somehow. 

I do not to bad, but still there are triggers, we all have them, just what we do when the triggers pulled, that's different for all of us. Me I mostly try to be busy, concentrate on something, and the emotions change. Sometimes though, I just let it come, and flood my mind, like now. I tear up, and cry by myself mostly, hard to see to write through the watery eyes. 

Later now I've spent the day building something for my daughter, this helps me as my attention is on something else. I came inside, had a bunwich Polly made for me, watched a movie with Polly, the rain started now. I'll finish the screens for Penny tomorrow, I'm happy to stay in now. 

I wrote a letter this afternoon, while I watched the show, to W5. Hopefully this will get some response, I believe this case is one that should be fought in court, and the facts should be made public. The guy that killed Chris might not have intended to kill him, but that's exactly what he did, and there should be some consequences for his actions. 

Everyday I think of him, as many do, today I'm at peace knowing he had a good life, just was cut short. 💔🤗❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment