Sunday 11 June 2023

Sunday morning at the farm

Baby goat's are here, 2 more born yesterday, 7 so far, one more mother yet to have her babies. The moma pig is yet to have her little piglets, calf's have been born too, 8 at last count. Always something happening here at Arrowvale. There have been people that have stayed a little longer than they might have if not for the highway closure due to the fire. I talked with a couple that decided to go on the Francis Barclay yesterday while they were stuck here in there motorhome. 

Tomorrow we get information at high noon on what will happen with the highway, in the meantime I see there are times posted that only commercial vehicles will be guided through from Youbou to Port and back again to bring in supplies. I'm prepared for a long time of this new normal in Port Alberni. 

On the positive, traffic has slowed immensely as we enter the highway from hector rd. This change I'm happy with, makes getting on the highway easier. I'm thinking Tofino is a little quieter too, I'm sure some of the locals are enjoying the lull. Businesses I'm sure are not happy with this new normal, they have  prepared for and the Big flow of tourist's, this is not as usual. 

I have heard people that come to the island say how it makes them feel locked in on our island, I never really felt that, being from the island all my life. Everything is here, close I thought, but now with the rest of the island cutoff from us, and us from them it changes things. Almost like going backwards to COVID times, but no masks 😷 

   So much driftwood, I didn't bring any home

We went to visit friends at China Creek campground last night, was a very good time, sunny and warm to start as we talked with Penti he was sitting in the sun, so was a good place to start. We pulled our chairs outta the truck, and had a good chat. Was nap time at the camp. After awhile it cools a bit, the nappers get up, and the camp comes to life. Lots of catching up, kids are bigger, dogs got older, I'm guessing we did too 😆 just not seeing it, just feeling it as I watch the kids bounce around. 
The campground was quiet today, most the out of town people not here, highway is down! Made for a good time for us to visit. Got a little visit here, and a little visit there, so many we had that we wanted to say Hi to, was really a nice visit. Appys at Greg & Carli's talking with everyone there was nice. Dinner with Al & Rhonda, Dan & George. 

Polly made desert, these were shared around the camp, like her love being shared with everyone ❤️

Then a walk around the road by the beach, and the back of the campground by China Creek looking at other campsights. We had the Royal tour, was great it's a beautiful place. 

I've been before to this campground, but today was almost like rediscovering it, the beach was beautiful, the river campgrounds were so nice, that's where Dan and George were camping, right by the river. I didn't take many pictures thinking back, but the water was so clear and clean. Al & Rhonda said they camped in many of these sites by the river, they told us of their favorite, with a little beach all of it's own. 

Was a Grand tour alright, was cool out as we strolled back so was time for us to depart, said goodbye to everyone, we'll be back was our warning 😆, was a really nice way to spend our Saturday afternoon & evening. We were missing out on the BBQ in Courtenay with friends there, but they didn't forget us, Claudette called and we had a good yak with all of them as we were on our walk about the campground, they were having a great time without us, we miss them, was nice to see they missed us too. ❤️🤗❤️🤗

Sunday today, and no plans yet, I wonder what Polly will plan 😁. LoL. 

I have the stair storage to finish today, maybe get some time in on some fun projects, like the rainbow 🌈 table I started. Some projects I what to do, but I don't enjoy as much, I just want the outcome, others I just do for fun, experiment and learn, just a little more fun. 

I wonder if we'll get some piglets today? 🐖🐖🐖🐖🐷 Every day is a surprise here at Arrowvale 

Love our life♥️🤗





No comments:

Post a Comment