Friday 30 June 2023

Ferry traffic today, Ciara's about to lineup!

Ciara and our grandchildren are close now, about to board the ferry today, without reservations 😳 I'm hopeful, but I think she will be lining up for awhile. I'm not sure the system now, how many places are available for vehicle's without reservations, as I believe I read they changed the amount of reservations so very few are getting on that don't have reservations. 

Well will see today, hopefully the BC ferries has gotten a few more sailings for this long weekend. We have watched as Ciara has kept us posted on their trip down so far, pictures and some thoughts as she made her way to Abbotsford to a hotel that had lots of entertainment for the kids. All good so far, and kids are traveling well, now for the ferry, then the pass through the Cameron lake restricted area. 

Then 10 days here we have been looking forward to for a very long time. Polly has baking and cooking in mind galore, I have swimming and playing time in mid as my love in life. BBQ time too, I love it all so does Polly. Family time, friends time, and just getting everyone together and enjoy Ciara & our grandchildren. 

I know ahead this will go fast, always does when you plan what seems like a long visit, you snap your fingers and it's over! Thinking ahead, I want to relish the moment's here in our home town, on our island, with our friends and family. Take the time to really soak it in, avoid the (get-er-done) kinda thinking, and really take it in. Sometimes we get all wrapped up in the moments, and rush, this time I'm making a concerted effort, a conscious decision to SLO it down. 

Today I'm not going on a hike with friends, I have a few tidy up things I want to do, then be ready for this next week, I just can't say how excited I am. I just thought, today our nefew Tyler's leaving Arrowvale, he's been here a month now, we will miss him, he's going to be off traveling now in his newly refited motor home he got ready while here, in the middle of much fishing. Off to visit his brother in Calgary, and see the Stampede. Another thing we thought would do one day! 
Okay, off to get busy with the bench I refinished for Arrowvale, will be looking nice again for another few years. Got another one done for Nathan, be installed way down the river where he likes to hang out, the end of the farm's property on the edge of the river. I have another I'm going to build, maybe for the north side of Arrowvale, overlooking the river. 

That's a wrap for today, off to git-er-done! 😆

Loving life here at Arrowvale summer time ♥️




No comments:

Post a Comment