Monday 10 July 2023

Quick 10 days with our grandchildren πŸ€—♥️


As I expected 10 day's went by very fast, we got some very fun time in culminating this past weekend with Americo & Claudette taking up the cabin next to Ciara for Friday & Saturday nights. What a great way to visit with them and for them to get to know Ciara and her children. Along with our other grandchildren Jesse Jet & Dax.

First day was Colton's birthday, kinda subdued as the party was happening Saturday. But that didn't stop us from having a party at Americo & Claudette's cabin. πŸŽ‰πŸ₯³πŸŽ‰πŸ₯³πŸŽΆπŸŽ΅ Was a fun afternoon and even more fun after. Always building great memories with these two, was fun with Ciara Chase & Jesse  in the evening.

Next day was the birthday party πŸ₯³πŸŽ‰, and that was so darn perfect, not a problem for Colton to party all afternoon and up to his bedtime 

Was a Funtastick day with so many that came to wish him a happy birthday, was just so funπŸŽ‰πŸ₯³.  Polly had been planning this for awhile, I'm lucky to get to watch at it all unfolded just as I believe Polly wanted, cake was enjoyed, ice cream cone Cake was loved by Colton and others, people enjoyed Colton as well as he did them and all the attention he received. 

Colton really liked the ice cream cone Cake 

So much love all around was great πŸ‘

I sit here now thinking just how fast it went, such a fast time. Isn't that always the case when a great time is had, it seems to always go fast! I'm just noticing no Rooster πŸ“ this morning, 5:00am now, still no crowing, hmm I'm guessing he made just a little too much noise 😲 all the birds are up chirping, but no rooster. 

Well I hope he tastes good 😊 as good as he sounded. 

Yesterday we Jet Dax Jesse and I went for another float down the river, this time we got in from further up River, off Coleman road
 Was excellent, only one time we had to get off the tubes and walk a bit, saw some sockeye salmon splash, and down I went with my mask, and saw them underwater. 

There were many people out as we went down, and much confusion at first, Jesse and I went together on a double seater, Jet had a small boat, Dax liked the tube again. On the way, where the water slowed I talked with a man that after I realized was a friend on mines son, I hadn't see since he was very young, Adam, was fun how I was talking with him as we passed by, and before long he was saying "I'll say hi to my dad for ya" was such a surprise for me, as I remember the times his father and I worked at Sproat lake division, and knew each other well. Never know what life has ahead hey!

Coming back to Port Alberni always feels nice, especially when things like that happen. 

Today we are going to Parksville to Rathtrevor beach, will meet Ciara and kids there, a stop on their way to Naniamo to spend some time with her Dad. Be nice to feel the sand under foot, and smell the ocean again. Kids at the beach always fun, when I get to the beach I'm kinda a kid myself πŸ˜€ looking forward to all the beach has to offer.

Rooster πŸ“ just crowed, 5:09 guess he just slept in today πŸ˜† good.

My second cup ☕☕ is almost empty, and it's light out now, maybe a very early walk is in order today. Be nice for a change, I missed my walk yesterday. 

Love this time here at Arrowvale, I think we'll be back next spring again sure. πŸ€—♥️




No comments:

Post a Comment