Wednesday 5 July 2023

Words can help, but a hug goes a long way.

Mixed feelings about my thoughts lately, having Ciara here and the little guy, makes me happy and sad at the same time. More happy than sad though, just moments that a thought slips in of Chris. I'm getting better, but still his memory is so strong, especially looking at their little guy. He's so darn fun playing in the water with him yesterday, and watching him throw rocks into the water. 

Is funny how we plan and anticipate an event, then it's here and with no specific plans we just move from one moment to another taking in what comes rather than having a exact plan. I kinda like this way. Polly and Ciara did plan the exact date of Colton's Birthday party, Saturday at 2pm, will be fun to watch him with other's playing. 2 years old already! WOW that went fast. 

 The heat through the day was very warm yesterday, so getting into the water was great, today likely do the same just a different place. Colton is liking the water cautiously. Mostly he likes to throw rocks, and splash. Chase is good with him too, watching all the time for him. Ciara same, we are all careful, but enjoying his fun. Polly stayed home yesterday, was good, the way to the water was steep. Today I'll see if can make it a different place, different beach to play at, there are many places to get to the water here.

My friend Don called said he could check my brake's on our truck for me today, was good timing, no specific plans, so yes, let's do it, always want to be sure of our truck and trailer maintenance before we leave again in the fall. I drove over and Don guided Rambo on the hoist, and after some good talk he got the truck up a bit, took the tires off and we looked at the brake pads, only the front needed pads, was just the right time to have them done he said. 

Ciara came to pick me up, was nice for Don to see her, she had a thank you for the $$ that he gave when she needed it after Chris passed. They knew each other from past, was nice to see how they talked, Don got to meet Chase too, was good, plans made for Friday evening to go out to China Creek campground, and visit with the Crew there, be fun I'm sure. We left Don with the truck, and made our way home after a couple stops, then lunch and a snooze for this guy. 

Later Ciara brought me back, truck was done, and I thanked Don, was nice he understood that I had the kids, and would like time to spend with them, and time was limited during their visit, he said, "you go be with them, I'll do this for ya!" Was really nice of him. Another tick off my list, and Don said was perfect timing, brakes were about to be getting to the rotors, so caught them at the right time! 

Time is a gift we often give or get that is somewhat limited, yet we seem to think it's endless, it's not, so when a friend gives his time to me, I really appreciate it! Thanks DonπŸ‘ will have a beer and a little yak on Friday! 

Been a slow start for me today, maybe I'll go for a walk now πŸ˜€ had my coffee ☕☕ and cereal πŸ₯£. Polly's up now, we both been pecking at our phones, enjoying quiet morning time. Nice way to start the day. 

♥️πŸ€—




No comments:

Post a Comment