Sunday 16 July 2023

Sunday again and the sun keeps shining.


As I took a walk about this morning before the sun rose I had a little empty feeling knowing that Ciara, Chase & Colton leave the island today. I know we will be going to Grande Prairie in another month, but still having them here close every day the last 15 has been nice. A young family they are, and daily change happens. Learning so much every day, many new experiences, and for Chase and Ciara, many familiar experiences here on the island where they once lived. 

Sun comes up now, like it seems like it's done forever now, a little cooler this morning, it's funny, not laughing funny, but odd how we lull into the summer sameness thinking it will be the same kinda day forever, knowing inside that it will change to cooler raining days, just not sure when. We have had a very good summer so far, and usually we don't get the full summer experience until sometime now in July. Not this year though, been sunny and warm for along time now, and I'm used to it & love it. 

Forecast says could get rain tomorrow, that would be a welcome refresh, as long as no lightning with it. 

I'm thinking we are having the best summer ever here, and only beginning now. 

Traffic in & out of the valley has been a big concern for many, I can't really imagine living here in Port and traveling regularly for work right now. Well maybe I can, when the hump was getting a rebuilt 15 years ago or so, I was working in Chemainus, we had very odd hours to be able to get to work, line up at 7:30pm to get there early for our midnight shift, sometimes missing the time, as they started blasting early, so go home, waiting till 10:30pm, then rush to get to work. I guess I can imagine how it is working behind a restricted road opening. 

We have changed our plans to leave a little early now, we had august 1st in our plans, now going July 26th as have Dr appointment's, so no sense coming back for a few days then trying to get through again. So far we have only gone through once since the fire closure, we didn't feel locked in, as we didn't have but one time we missed something due to the closure. Lucky us, not a hardship. 

We have a week to visit a few we haven't gotten to see now, as always this next 10 days will go fast I'm sure, have to pack up my wood shop, and put it away for another year, be here a little earlier next year, start making things again in March next year. There's a wood shop where I'm going for the winter, I'm going to enjoy that I think. 

While in Grande Prairie I'm planning on building a fort for Colton, a small Play place for him. I have a possible plan, see what comes.

   I'll use this as a design, see how it turns out 

Pallets be the main source of building material, I really like using disgaurded wood to construct something from, it gives me satisfaction knowing that these boards didn't end up going to the landfill. Also makes me think of ways to build that is different. The cost is also a reason, mostly just time to make them into something fun and useful. So many different kinds of wood used from many different locations to make pallets. I'm looking forward to this.

September will be the end of summer, and cooler temps then, always love September, no bug's 🦟🦟🦟 mosquito's poking me 😊 then. We hope to stay in GP into October, see how it goes, will be new experience again, we have been in the spring, and early summer, but not in fall. Will be nice I'm sure, having a good friend's place to park our trailer helps alot. Will be nice to see Jack & Wendy again, we are becoming regulars 😀 now. 

It's not how I planned our retirement route, I had a plan years ago, 3 kids 3 locations, one in Florida, one in California, one in Grande Prairie, then we could do the wide circle ⭕. LoL well the Grande Prairie one is working out, but the other's ended up in Port Alberni, so the circle is kinda a line Port, GP, then wherever for the winter, Yuma this year is the plan. Will be nice to stay in one place awhile I'm thinking, I do like to travel though. 

Very still this morning, goat's baa, rooster 🐓 crowing, all in all very quiet so far here at Arrowvale 7:30am on Sunday morning. Polly is just starting to stirr, not long she'll be up. The campground will come alive too, always interesting on Sundays, the weekend camper's leaving, and campground goes back to a lull again, Friday the campers rush in, so many, campground fills up. Then Sunday morning, it starts, sounds of jack's getting raised, smell of bacon 🥓 frying, and kids playing, many come for a last look at the goat's & chicken's, a last dip in the river. Then at about noonish the lull starts, a different quiet, still kids playing, just not as many, still cars coming and going, just less. 

Us so far no plans, we had a nice dinner last night with Lyn & Andrew, Polly like usual made a really good dinner, with raspberry cheesecake for dessert. After we took a wine 🍷 tour I call it, had a walk over to Penny's camp for the night with here friends, met all of them, looking like a fun time. Then off to visit with Rachel, Nathan & Ayla, our neighbors that moved down the next level, to a different campsite, had a little yak with them, then onto the waters edge to gaze at the water and fish jumping. Then along the trail by the water to the huge Maple's, girls went up the trail, I took Andrew to have a look at the mask's in the trees. Was a nice tour we went on. When we got back the girls are busy competing in cribbage, a favorite thing they do when they get together, Polly is loving winning, Lyn gets to complain of not getting any cards LoL, always fun to listen to them 🤗♥️♣️♦️♠️

7:40am now, still quiet, I'm going for a walk now, be nice out in the quiet. 

Sure do love this life we have together ❤️🤗
Polly's pulling the shade now, the neighbors are up I hear them talking as the campground wake's up 😊



No comments:

Post a Comment