Sunday 28 June 2015

2 weeks at the cabin


Let's see... how to write all I have experienced over the last 2 weeks, in a shortened version.



Our annual June holiday has come and gone with a couple of days at home to get us back in order. I woke at 4am this morning feeling cool as the evening was smokin hot 40+ degrees, and not much got accomplished yesterday, but was a fun day just the same. Back felt sore, but will loosen up as the day goes on I expect. Throat is sore, did I catch the cold Jessie had? Coffee is good, and quiet is just beauty, I love this time of the day.

The first four days we were at the cabin Polly and I busied ourselves with getting a few things done that we knew had to be done to ready the cabin for our grand children. The dock/deck in front had to have a tune up, so take it off the main float, and push it to the beach and place it just right so when the tide goes down I can place some foam under it in the spot that was floating low, and repair where the bracket that attaches this float to the main cabin float. Jobs done, now the tide does the rest, when the float is floating again in the evening, I pull the rope and pull the float back to the cabin. Tick, one job done. Now a few beers, and dinner and Polly and I take some time out to relax. Day 1 done, and holiday is looking just great.

Bosco just jumped up beside me now, and I take a look around. I just can't finish this now, will add to it latter today, time for a walk early, before the heat starts again.

No comments:

Post a Comment