Thursday 4 June 2015

What to say today


I have committed to writing a post a day as often as I can. So what today? Well it is early, 5:30am and have been up since 4am as woke early today. Sprinklers just went off, hm thought they were set for 6am. I like to watch Robin Mead early, as I get a feel for what has happened, or what will be going on today.

I went to the internet to find info on a kid being kicked off the school bus in Edmonton, as I was informed about this yesterday by a friend when I got home from work.

Wow, hard to believe what kids have deemed OK to do on a school bus. I read 3 different articles, and saw 3 videos, from one kids view, and from the drivers cam in front of the bus. I think the best info about the incident was from the comments given by people after the article, and what they thought should be done by the school board, and the governments minister of education, the driver, and the parents, and on and on. What has happened is the kids were suspended for a week, or some say 2 days, and are back on the bus, and the driver isn't!   

What will happen going forward? Lift the rug, and sweep slowly, discreetly, with all school admin protected, and government protected. Do I have a slanted view? I have seen this before, and the only way to make this change is to do something yourself. The driver did the right thing as far as I am concerned, and still was penalized. The kid will continue, as the students will laugh, and not condemn the bully, as they are afraid of being the next one to be on his list. The kid who he beats up is trying to do his best to not take his crap, short of being the kid who causes the school system to focus on him.

Makes me think of why kids make a trip to school with a gun?

I will keep looking for what happens, as mostly this just goes away from the news after a week or so. the bigger question for me is what would I do, as a kid sitting on the bus, watching all this take place?

Would I defend the kid getting beat on? That always seem to depend on if I like the guy! If he is an idiot, then maybe I would be laughing? Maybe I would be silent? I don't know.

I do know that you, YOU have to defend yourself when shit happens, as in this world when a wrong is committed the one person you can and should count is you. Sometimes this means having the courage to ask for help, not my strong point, and sometimes it means getting into it with the person causing the problem for you. Very seldom have I had to fight, but I can defend myself, usually with words.

I have found that my best defence is offence. Don't let small shit get under your skin. Give shit back when given. Also, when a person isn't who you want in your life, then don't associate with them. You don't have to like everyone, and they don't have to like you. Many people will not like you, so what!
Off to work. Get the job done without pain. Think and watch how I deal with others.  

No comments:

Post a Comment