Tuesday 2 June 2015

Today I return to work.


Today I return to work after being off for 6 weeks due to a recurring shoulder injury.  I learned that an operation isn't my best option, and will have to work toward making my movement less restrictive to progress. Pain is less now, hope to keep it that way while back at work. Looking forward to returning.

I have come to realize that only a year to go until I can retire, and another 6 months after that Polly, Bosco and I will begin our traveling life.  Start date is set for Jan/2017 weather permitting. This focus changes my perspective re working, just keep working  and protect myself from further injury so I can enjoy our new life without pain. Can I do this? I think so, but I have to look at how I do the work, and how I think. I seem to accept that some pain will come to do my work, I just accept this as a given.

Work. How do I approach the task? I believe the work has to get done, and a number goal should be met. Production should be constant, that is what we have been conditioned to believe. Regardless of pain or discomfort. Whiner, suck it up, man up, baby, all this plays in the back of my mind when I make a decision to lift, push, pull or any kind of force that could potentially hurt me. Keep production going, "Are we down?" is the common saying we get if the production stops. Today I will examine how I work, as I want to be in better physical shape to move into my retired life.

I will focus on the future plan when I make decisions from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment